But you? Whatever of you've. You can vounteer, though it is a bit complicated, in the end you can get to see the show for free! And you also have to put a deposit for the price of the ticket which means you're tying up a coupla C Notes till five days after the festival.I dunno, but if I could spend a coupla months without two hundred bucks I might as well buy the damn ticket and have done with it.
here is there website.
Here is the info
Be a Volunteer & Join Team Gov Ball 2012!
We are looking for kind, eager, and able-bodied individuals that can work with others, have some fun, and earn a ticket to Gov Ball 2012!
What are the requirements of volunteers?
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (by June 23rd), no exceptions.
- There is a $15 non-refundable processing fee. You can expect to be accepted to the volunteer program.
- Besides the $15 fee, you will also be required to put down a deposit for the price of a 2-Day GA Ticket ($175) with a valid debit or credit card. The card will be charged $190 at sign up and refunded $175 within 5 days of the end of the festival as long as you complete your work requirements and follow all the volunteer rules. If you fail to complete the work requirements or fail to follow the volunteer rules, you will forfeit your deposit (essentially you will just end up paying for a ticket plus the processing fee).
- Volunteers must be on time to all assigned shifts.
- Volunteers are required to wear close toed shoes to all shifts
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances of any kind will be tolerated on site and you will be subject to the standard legal penalties for these offenses as well as lose your deposit.
- If you are caught drinking alcohol during your shift, stealing, or passing your wristband back to non-volunteers, you will lose your deposit.
- You DO NOT need a ticket to be a volunteer. We will not reimburse any tickets purchased before you decide to volunteer.
“The Perks!” Each festival volunteer will receive:
- Access to both days of the festival
- Official Governors Ball staff t-shirt
- One meal ticket
- Access to free water and restroom facilities
- A slammin’ good time
More FAQs and Guidelines
Volunteers should arrive for their shift 15 minutes prior to the shift start time so that they may be processed and organized.
All volunteers must check out with the volunteer coordinator on duty after their shifts are completed to be eligible for a refund of the cost of a 2-day general admission ticket to Gov Ball 2012.
Volunteers must wear their Gov Ball Staff T-shirt in an appropriate manner while working, and take it off when not working.
WHAT IF I CAN’T MAKE IT?
If a volunteer cannot attend the event for any reason and has already completed the form, the volunteer must send in a cancellation email to email@example.com before June 10, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. EST. All refunds related to cancellation, as well as a confirmed completion of the 2 four hour shifts, will be processed within five days after the festival.
WHEN DO I GET MY REFUND?
Refunds may take 2-3 days to show up on a volunteer’s bank statement. If a volunteer does not submit a cancellation email before June 10, 2012, he/she agrees to be charged the full price of a 2-day general admission ticket for the 2012 Governors Ball Music Festival.
Volunteer positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If all positions are filled prior to June 5, 2012 at 5:00 PM, we reserve the right to close the sign up process and stop accepting requests. We will notify you if all positions are filled via email or www.govball.com. Make sure to get your application in early to ensure you get a spot!
All shift times are approximate and may vary. We will do our best to keep things fair and consistent; however, sometimes shift times and total work hours will not be the same for all volunteers. Volunteers must be flexible.
WHEN DO WE HAVE TO SHOW UP?
Check-in dates/times are as follows:
- Pre-Festival Volunteers will show up at 9:30am on Thursday June 21 and Friday June 22.
- Day of Festival Volunteers will show up at 9:30am on their designated days of work for orientation and marching orders
Once you are accepted into the volunteer program, you will receive more specific information about your volunteer assignment and work schedule.
WHAT IS THE SHIFT SCHEDULE FOR FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS?
There are (3) shift options available to volunteers working for Governor’s Ball.
- Pre-Festival Volunteers
Pre-Festival Volunteer shifts will be equal to approximately (2) 8 hour shifts on both Thursday and Friday. Please make sure you are available to work during regular working hours on these days if you apply to work pre-festival.
- During Festival / 1 full day shift Saturday OR Sunday
During Festival volunteers opting to work for one full day instead of 2 half days will be required to work (1) shift approximately 8 hrs in length. Please be prepared to work prior to festival doors opening.
- During Festival / 1 shift per day up to 5 hours per shift each day
During Festival volunteers that choose to work both days for shorter shifts will be required to work 4-5 hours per shift. Please be prepared to work prior to festival doors opening.
WHAT TYPE OF JOBS / DEPARTMENTS COULD I BE WORKING IN?
There are a variety of different jobs and departments including visual design, vendor set-up and coordination, assisting with event games/activities, will call and guest list check-in, administrative help, catering, VIP set-up and maintenance, general production, and others.
Volunteers are on hand to help out when and where they are needed. You may end up getting pulled from one area and shifted to another based on our changing needs. The key is to be flexible and willing to lend a hand.
DO VOLUNTEERS GET TO SEE THE SHOW?
All volunteers are free to enjoy the show while not scheduled to work so long as you arrive on time and ready to work when scheduled.
CAN I REQUEST TO WORK WITH A FRIEND?
While we will do our best to accommodate you, keep in mind that all requests to work with friends are NOT guaranteed.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Sign up below through the ticketing widget. From here you will be prompted to fill in a series of fields for your personal information and credit card payment details, request to work with friends, and days of availability among other things. You will have 30 minutes to complete the process.
Once you complete this information and agree to the required waiver, you will receive a confirmation email with your next step instructions.
Please make sure to check your spam mail. The confirmation and receipt will be generated from the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email this address directly. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
*If your question is not answered in this FAQ, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to an overwhelming number of volunteer questions, we will not respond to a question if the answer to the question is in the FAQ above.