1. Psychedelic Warlord – The Fumes – A highlight of their love show (I think, it isn’t on their setlist but I could sware I heard em play it), wait till you hear it. A romping rocker with a great blues coda off their Australia only as we speak Sundancer.
2. Taller Children – Elizabeth And The Catapult – From their 2009 album of the same name. At the top of Deli’s Orchestrap Indie Charts, whatever that means. Maybe it meeans arranged, which this song is and very well. If you are in the area they are playing Rockwood’s at 7pm on Sunday.
3. Flawless Executioner – Christopher Paul Stelling – This song is so good I dreamt I was listening to it last night.
4. How Long – Ramona – The song of August for me.
5. Up Above My Head I hear Music In The Air – Sister Rosetta Tharpe – A rollicking piano barrel and a jo but they are all background, for this two part harmony Gospel romp.
6. Erase Me (feat Kanye West) – Kid Cudi
6. Straight In At 101/It’s Never Enough – Los Campesinos
Both these songs are flawed. Cudi has written a mash up that doesn’t mash, Garth a songwriterly Dylanesque word flood that misses on the song portion and (specifically here) not a rock song either. They are both art songs, both require a lot from the listener, and both fail to deliver on it.
7. If I Ever Go Back – Jump Back Jake
8. Hot Tottie (feat Jay-Z) – Usher - ”It isn’t really cheating if we don’t tell nobody…” I’ve said that one before!! I don’t like the metaphor but once Usher gets it on the dancefloor it works perfect.
9. A Rose Is Still A Rose (feat Lauryn Hill) – Aretha Franklin – Can’t wait for Hill’s set this afternoon
10. Rhapsody In Blue (Reprise) – Brian Wilson - Bye bye